Wow Cool Anniversary Sale & New Comics for October 7, 2018
Wow Cool is 30 years old. Founded by Sam Henderson, Tom Hart and Marc Arsenault at the School of Visual Arts dorms in 1988, it is now a bookstore, publisher, distributor & music label. To celebrate we are offering 30% off everything in our store through the end of the week. Use coupon code WOWCOOL30ANS at checkout.
This week’s highlights:
- Brat by Michael DeForge — Michael DeForge presents the mid-career crisis of a merry prankster in his singular style that blurs the banal with the absurd
- Blackbird #1 by Sam Humphries & Jen Bartel — the first issue of the beautifully drawn “neo-noir fantasy” series
- The Best American Comics 2018 with guest editor Phoebe Gloeckner — the annual showcase of the work of established and up-and-coming artists, collecting work found in the pages of graphic novels, comic books, periodicals, zines, online, in galleries, and more. Featuring work by Gabrielle Bell, Geof Darrow, Jesse Jacobs, Jaime Hernandez, Gary Panter, Simon Hanselmann, Emil Ferris and others.
- The Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion #1 by Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba — after nearly a decade, Umbrella Academy (soon to be a Netflix show) is back in a new limited series
- Saga Vol. 9 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples– the final Saga storyline before the year-long hiatus
- Heroes in Crisis #1 by Tom King and Clay Mann — C.I.A.-operative-turned-comics-writer Tom King explores PTSD in the DC Universe
- The Seeds #2 by by Ann Nocenti and David Aja — the second issue of well-received new sci-fi series from Berger Books
- Trick-or-Treat comic packs continue to be available for pre-order! Each back of 25 mini-comics is sold for $4.99, and is perfect for giving away at the door on Halloween night instead of sweets and candy. If you are near Cupertino, you can choose free In Store Pickup when you checkout. Just make sure you pick them up!